1. By viewing the website the user is deemed to consent to all
terms and conditions set out below. If you have any questions
regarding the terms and conditions, you should contact Chris.Lambert@UniversitiesUK.ac.uk
2. UK HE International Unit reserves the right at all times to
vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms. By
browsing the website you accept that you are bound by the current
terms and conditions and notices and we therefore recommend that
you check these each time you revisit the site. These terms and
conditions were adopted and published on 1 December 2000.
3. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any
material contained on this website is either owned by UK HE
International Unit or has been licensed to UK HE International Unit
by the rights owners. The website contains trademarks, including
the UK HE International Unit name which belong to UK HE
International Unit or have been licensed to UK HE International
Unit by the trademark owner for use on the website. Use of these
trademarks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been
obtained from the owner of the trademark.
4. The user may access any part of the site and download or copy
material for personal non-commercial use only. The copyright in
such material shall be retained by UK HE International Unit or
where the material has been licensed to UK HE International Unit,
by the rights owners of the material.
5. You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages
hosted on this website. However, we do not permit our pages to be
loaded into frames on your site. UK HE International Unit webpages
must load into the users entire window. Please note that UK HE
International Unit reserve the right to move pages or change the
address without prior notice.
6. You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual
property notices contained in the original material from any
material downloaded or copied from the website.
7. Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on
the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
8. You may not create a database by systematically downloading
substantial parts of the website.
9. The content of the website is for general information only and
does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which
a specific decision should be made. UK HE International Unit has
done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials
contained on its website but excludes any warranty express or
implied as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or
fitness for a particular purpose of the material contained on the
UK HE International Unit website. UK HE International Unit will not
be liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses
arising from the use or the inability to use the website or from
any unauthorised access or alteration to the website. This clause
shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury directly
caused by the negligence of UK HE International Unit.
10. UK HE International Unit accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage which may arise from reliance on information or advice
contained on its website.
11. The UK HE International Unit website includes links to
external websites. These links are provided to help you find
additional information quickly and easily. UK HE International Unit
accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and
specifically exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all
liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such
material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any
12. Whilst the UK HE International Unit website may from time to
time contain advertising material, UK HE International Unit does
not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or
services so advertised, or for any error or inaccuracy in the
advertisements. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for
ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website
complies with all relevant laws.
13. Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to
confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
14. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to UK HE
15. UK HE International Unit reserves the right at any time to
suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website.
16. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be
invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity
of that provision will not effect the validity of the remaining
provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to
have full force and effect.
17. The failure by UK HE International Unit to exercise any right
or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a
waiver of that right or remedy.
18. a. These Terms and Conditions of use shall be construed and
interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England
shall [subject as set out in clause 19(b)] have exclusive
jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters
b. For the exclusive benefit of UK HE
International Unit, UK HE International Unit shall retain the right
to bring proceedings in the Courts of the country of residence of
any user of the website.